Monday, July 18, 2011

Sunday Recipe #4 - Three Cheese Manicotti





Hi everyone!

I've been lazy again this week with recipes, so I'm posting yet another old favorite from Connecticut - three cheese manicotti. In addition to Mexican, I also have a strong love for Italian food. I actually worked at an Italian restaurant for four years, and I never once got tired of the food. I could live off of baked pasta, bean dip, and pico de gallo for the rest of my life. However, I would also weigh 300 pounds, so....

This recipe is especially cheesy and unhealthy, which makes it especially delicious. I wouldn't recommend it for people with heart problems... Honestly.

Ingredients:

  • 20 manicotti shells
  • 2 cartons (15 oz. each) ricotta cheese
  • 5 cups (20 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 tsp dried basil
  • 2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp seasoned salt
  • 2 jars (26 oz. each) spaghetti sauce (three cheese sauce by Classico is really good)
Directions:
  • Cook shells according to package directions.
  • Preheat oven to 375.
  • Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 3 cups mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, and seasonings. 
  • Drain shells.
  • Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce each into two ungreased baking pans (I used 1 9x13 and 1 9x9).
  • Stuff manicotti shells with cheese mixture - I do this by splitting the shells down the middle, stuffing them with a couple tbsp of the cheese mixture, folding the shells back over, and placing them seam down in the pans.
  • Top shells with remaining sauce.
  • Cover pans (don't forget this or you'll get crispy pasta!) and bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
  • Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
  • Enjoy! This serves about 6.
Feel free to post any other yummy pasta recipes you recommend! I'm really craving manicotti now... 

<3 Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...