Tuesday, July 19, 2011

In the Heat of Summer...

Hello all,

I hope you all have been having a much cooler week than me... We've been having record high temperatures and humidity all week, but especially today - we were at a dew point of 82 in the Twin Cities (highest ever) with a heat index of 119. 119?!?! This is Minnesota, not the Middle East!! Also, we definitely played volleyball tonight, I definitely sweated buckets, and I definitely walked into the lake afterwards with my clothes on. As for our team's record, it isn't so spotless anymore... I guess Team Adequate was the right name after all. We were playing pretty well tonight until we faced Team Fit 'n' Tan, who put us right back in our place. I blame it on the heat...

In other, much more exciting news, Mr. G's brother got engaged! Yay!! I've been in wedding withdrawal for almost a year, so I'm pumped. They're great together, too, which makes me happy for them. I'm always glad to see a girl find her own Mr. G. ;) My cousin got married this summer as well, but unfortunately I was unable to make it to the wedding. Regardless, family weddings are a joyous occasion, and I'm very much looking forward to another one.

I've also been putting together a bucket list... At first I thought they were kinda pointless, but then I remembered how much I love making lists - this is the ultimate list! I'll post it once I have more stuff on it, but in the meantime, feel free to comment with your bucket list essentials. Mine is a little sparse still. And no, skydiving is not on there, nor will it ever be. That doesn't mean I'll never do it, but I don't like the pressure.

One last thing: I got a Tumblr! Yet another thing I thought was pointless at first, but I'm kind-of obsessed with it now. It's a great creative outlet that can take as much or as little time as you want to spend on it. It's also cool because you can literally post whatever you want - photos, video, audio, quotes, blogs... The options are endless. If you want to follow me (and you should!), I'll give you a hint - it has the same name as my blog. But to make it more convenient for you, here is the link. Check it out! Anyone else have a Tumblr and love it? I'll follow you. :)

<3 Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...