Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Recipe #3 - Healthy Chicken Pasta

Hello all!

I hope you've had a lovely weekend. I had a relaxing one - I slept in, went swimming, and went out to eat with Mr. G and some friends. Nothing crazy, but it was great. We were due a chill weekend.

To keep with the theme of my weekend, I'm posting a ridiculously simple recipe tonight. It also happens to be one of Mr. G's favorites - we eat it once a week. What makes it even better is it's actually super healthy. The best time to make this pasta is when you have leftover chicken, which - if you're like us - you always have. We pretty much live on a chicken diet.

Healthy Chicken Pasta:
  • Ingredients:
    • 1 box penne pasta (penne is Mr. G's favorite, but bow tie and linguine are also good)
    • 2 cooked chicken breasts - grilled chicken is healthiest
    • 1-2 cups broccoli (I don't measure - put however much you like)
    • Olive oil
  • Directions:
    • Cook/grill chicken, if not already cooked.
    • Cook pasta according to box directions.
    • While pasta is cooking, cut chicken breasts into cubes and cook broccoli (we just microwave frozen broccoli). Cut broccoli if desired.
    • Strain pasta when it is finished cooking, then add chicken and broccoli and toss to mix.
    • Divide pasta onto plates and top with olive oil. I also use parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
    • Enjoy! This recipe serves 2-3.
Speaking of recipes, I finally used my rhubarb crisp recipe! I baked one with raspberries a couple nights ago when Mr. G's grandparents came over for dinner. It looked a little undercooked when it came out of the oven, but it tasted delicious, so I consider it a success! It's especially good with vanilla ice cream and French vanilla whipped cream. Yum!

In other news, is anyone else going to see the last Harry Potter movie this week? I'm going at midnight on Thursday (with poor Mr. G in tow) and I can't wait! I love Harry Potter, and I don't care if that makes me a nerd. I grew up reading the books, and I've loved them ever since. I'm going to attempt to watch all seven movies before Thursday, but so far I've only managed to watch the first one - I have a long way to go. Marathon anyone??

<3 Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...