Tuesday, May 3, 2011

World's Best Sugar Cookies



Hi everyone!

Hope you all have adequately recovered from the weekend's excitement.

I'm posting tonight's recipe mostly because it's awesome, but also because I'm waiting for my camera to charge so I can take photos of my newly painted tiles and post them for you to see! That's right - I finally finished them! I think they look really good, but I'll let you be the judge... I hope to have them up later tonight.

Tonight's recipe is what I consider to be the world's best sugar cookies. Mr. G thinks so, too, if that makes a difference. I've made them before, and they just keep getting better each time I make them, so I think that's a good sign. Mr. G actually found the recipe randomly online one night when we had cookie cravings, and thankfully I saved it.

I made them last night because I had so much strawberry frosting still leftover from the Easter cupcakes, and Mr. G had a severe sweet tooth. I think they turned out to be the best batch yet, which is funny because I had to alter the ingredients a little - I ran out of flour, so I substituted pancake mix for the last cup of flour (Mr. G's idea) - and I wonder if that actually made them better. Either way, it made the mix a little heavier, which I think is why the cookies came out nice and flat (usually they're puffy). Also, if you have time, you should definitely make frosting to go on them, and I highly recommend strawberry. I just happened to have some sitting around, and it worked out well because the flavors married perfectly together... It's like heaven in your mouth. Never underestimate the power of a simple sugar cookie. ;)
Here are the links to the cookie recipe and (again) to the strawberry frosting recipe:

Sugar Cookies

Strawberry Meringue Buttercream Frosting

Enjoy!

<3 Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...