Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Belated Sunday Recipe #6: Low-Fat Turkey Tacos



Happy Monday!

I tried a new recipe last week, and Mr. G helped me out with this one. It's a quick, low-fat meal that anyone can make, and it tastes amazing! I served it with refried beans and Mexican rice, but you can skip the beans to keep it health-conscious. Personally, I have an obsession with refried beans... Hope you enjoy the recipe! I know I'll make it again.

Low-Fat Turkey Tacos

Ingredients:
  • Mission tortillas (96% fat free)
  • 1 lb ground turkey 90/10 (we used Jennie-O - watch out for the recalled stuff from Cargill!)
  • Ortega reduced sodium taco seasoning
  • Diced tomatoes
  • Onions
  • Green onions
  • Lettuce
  • Mexican cheese blend
  • Light sour cream
Directions:
  • Cook ground turkey in skillet. Once cooked, add taco seasoning according to package directions.
  • While turkey is cooking, cut up vegetables into bite-size portions.
  • Serve with tortillas and desired toppings.
  • Enjoy!





Stay tuned, because I have exciting news as well as a very successful bargain shopping trip to report. 

Feel free to share any ground turkey recipes of your own! We buy a ton of the stuff, so I'm always on the lookout for new ways to use it.

<3 Mrs. G

2 comments:

  1. I made a turkey 'hotdog' inspired meatloaf this weekend and it wasn't nearly as heavy as a real one, post coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! We eat turkey hot dogs, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...