I tried a new recipe last week, and Mr. G helped me out with this one. It's a quick, low-fat meal that anyone can make, and it tastes amazing! I served it with refried beans and Mexican rice, but you can skip the beans to keep it health-conscious. Personally, I have an obsession with refried beans... Hope you enjoy the recipe! I know I'll make it again.
Low-Fat Turkey Tacos
- Mission tortillas (96% fat free)
- 1 lb ground turkey 90/10 (we used Jennie-O - watch out for the recalled stuff from Cargill!)
- Ortega reduced sodium taco seasoning
- Diced tomatoes
- Green onions
- Mexican cheese blend
- Light sour cream
- Cook ground turkey in skillet. Once cooked, add taco seasoning according to package directions.
- While turkey is cooking, cut up vegetables into bite-size portions.
- Serve with tortillas and desired toppings.
Stay tuned, because I have exciting news as well as a very successful bargain shopping trip to report.
Feel free to share any ground turkey recipes of your own! We buy a ton of the stuff, so I'm always on the lookout for new ways to use it.
<3 Mrs. G