Monday, August 29, 2011

State Fair & First Anniversary :)

Hello all!

I hope you had a lovely weekend and as happy a Monday as is possible...

I had a very relaxing weekend. Mr. G and I went out to his family's house on Saturday and to a church picnic yesterday, and that about wraps it up. On Thursday, though, we did something Mr. G has been looking forward to for a LONG time - we went to the Minnesota State Fair! Our "Great Minnesota Get-Together" is the third largest fair in the nation and the first in terms of average daily attendance. And the food? Amazing. Here's what Mr. G and I ate (however embarrassing to admit):


Australian Battered Potatoes


Chocolate Covered Bacon


Mini Donuts


Cheese Curds - my favorite :)


Chocolate Malts

Unfortunately I have no new recipes to share with you this week, but I did cook more lemon salmon tonight, and it was delicious!

In other news, Mr. G and I will be traveling down to Nashville this weekend to celebrate our first anniversary. :) We'll be staying at the beautiful Opryland Hotel on our anniversary night and eating dinner at a steakhouse in the hotel. The rest of the time we'll be staying with my parents and hanging out with friends. I can't wait!

Hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend!

<3 Mrs. G

2 comments:

  1. I could sooo go for one of those donuts right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're delicious. :) we also had an overflowing bucket of Sweet Martha's chocolate chip cookies, which I neglected to take a picture of.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...